Saturday, 18 October 2014
Vice President Biden’s Son Kicked Out of the Navy After Reportedly Testing Positive for Cocaine
Wednesday, 15 October 2014
Common Windows Problems and How To Fix Them - Learn More About It
By Pete F Morgan
If you have been using your computer for some time now, chances are you experience common Windows problems, such as slow startup and reduced performance. So if you want to improve the functionality of your computer, see to it that you maintain it on a regular basis.
Too much junk file accumulation
For instance, you should clean your hard drive and get rid of old files, folders, programs, and shortcuts. Delete cached thumbnails, temporary files, and other unnecessary files to free up more space on your hard drive. To get rid of your junk files, simply do the following:
* If you are using Windows 7, go to your Start menu and click on Control Panel. The Start menu can be found at the bottom-left portion of your screen. If you are using Windows 8, you can type in "control panel" at your Start screen. The Control Panel icon will appear in your search results. Click on it.
* Then, you should go to your System and Security heading. Click on "free up disk space." Its link can be found under your Administrative Tools section.
* Within a few seconds, your Disk Cleanup utility will open and you will see a summary of your files. You will also see how much disk space your files are taking up. You can choose to delete these files.
* However, if you are not sure on which files to delete, you can simply rely on the files that Windows has checked. You can delete Downloaded Program files, which are mostly temporary files that help you view certain Web pages. You can also delete Temporary Internet Files, which are caches of old Web pages that have been stored on your PC to make your browsing quicker. Moreover, you can delete Thumbnails. These are small icons of photos, videos, and audio files on your hard drive. Simply click on "OK" to start cleanup.
* If you wish to get rid of more junk files, just click on "clean up system files." Your operating system will then go through your hard drive and search for old files and file fragments. Make sure to read the descriptions of the items that you have checked before deleting them. This way, you will know for sure if you really want to get rid of them. Once you made up your mind, click on "OK."
* See to it that you have a backup for your operating system, whether you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8.
If you want to purchase a software program to get rid of junk files, you may do so
"BSOD" and system errors
Other common Windows problems that you may encounter are the Blue Screen of Death or BSoD and missing dynamic-link library or "DLL" files. BSOD, also known as "STOP Error", can occur due to damaged software, failing hardware, driver problems, and corrupt DLL files.
* If you encounter this error, you should reboot your computer. You should also use the codes on your screen to help you determine and fix your computer problem.
* The Blue Screen of Death may also signify a problem with your random access memory or RAM. If you have another computer, you can use that to search for the solution online. However, if you cannot find the diagnosis information that you need, you can try to change your memory sticks. Just make sure that you use a similar type.
Dynamic-link library files contain information with regard to your operating system functions. If you have a corrupt or missing DLL file, you should download them in order to restore them back into your computer. For instance, if you see a mapi32.dll error, it could have been because you have a problem with your registry or you have malware on your computer. Also, the error may have been caused by installing another messaging software program. To fix this problem, you should download the DLL file from a legit source or run a malware scan on your computer.
Applications Malfunction and Other Abnormal Behavior
Another computer problem that you may have is abnormal applications behavior. One day your applications are working properly, and the next day they are not. This can be totally mind-boggling. So how can you fix this? Well, you may simply need to restart your computer. Microsoft Word, for instance, may appear differently on your screen even though it does not really have a problem. You may also want to check out your user manual or search the Internet to find a solution. You may also contact customer support.
Low Carb Lunch Menu IdeasAuthor: Cactuslover
If the word "lunch" has become synonymous with "sandwich", it's time to get out of your rut! There are lots of low carb lunch possibilities.
We're all familiar with the old fashioned chef salad –cut up cold cuts, cheese, and hard-boiled egg on a green salad (usually iceberg). But meal salads have become much more popular in restaurants and at home, in a variety limited only by the imagination.
Low carb "meal salad" tips:
- Use lots of dark green salad greens, which are much richer in nutrients than the traditional iceberg lettuce. Now that bagged greens are in every grocery store, salad making has never been more convenient.
- If you are using bottled dressings, check the label for carbs. Many "light" dressings have sugar added to make up for the loss of flavor when oil is reduced.
- Choose dressings with oils high in monounsaturated fats, such as olive oil.
- It is very easy to make dressings yourself - it literally can take less than a minute. Whip up an oil-based one in the bottom of the bowl, put the salad on top, and toss. For a creamy dressing, just mix some of your favorite herbs and spices into some mayonnaise. Thin down with water or lemon juice.
Examples of Salads include:
- Greek salad (put extra protein on, such as hard boiled eggs, chicken, or seafood)
- Chicken (cooked without breading, of course) atop salad greens, chopped snow pea pods, chopped red pepper, and walnuts
- Low carb cole slawwith chicken, pecans, and bits of apple
- Tuna salad with greens, tomato and avocado
- Salmon on top of greens, blanched green beans, mushrooms, and sprouts
- Chicken with greens, cucumbers, pecans, and crumbled blue cheese
- Steak with greens, thinly sliced red onions, green pepper, and mushrooms
Roll ups and Wraps
There are three basic kinds of low carb roll ups:
- Lettuce: Roll "mushy" stuff, such as tuna, salmon, egg, or chicken salad up in a large lettuce leaf, along with anything else that sounds good (as long as you don't overload it). (A similar alternative is to use the "protein salad" as a dip, and use celery, Bell pepper, cucumber, etc as dippers.)
- Meat: Roll cheese and veggies up in a slice of roast beef, ham, etc.
- Low Carb Tortillas: Roll whatever you want up in a low carb tortilla and make a "wrap". My husband eats hot dogs this way.
Soups are very versatile, and can provide a vehicle for leftover meats and vegetables. Most soup recipes can be low carb if you just take out the starch (noodles, rice, potatoes). There are a few low carb canned soups, but the vast majority are not – you have to read labels carefully. Make up a big pot of soup and freeze portions.
The easiest lunch of all – just make extra at dinner and have it for lunch the next day!
- Pack lunches the night before and store them in the refrigerator overnight.
- Purchasing lunch foods in larger containers instead of single-serve packages costs less. Buy yogurt and applesauce in larger containers and spoon it into a smaller container for lunch. Buy quality bulk bin items, including fresh-ground peanut butter, nuts, dried fruits, and granola.
- Test out new lunch box recipes at home before they make it into the lunch pail.
- Watch the temperature. Harmful bacteria grow best between 40 degrees F and 140 degrees F, so it's important to keep perishable foods outside this danger zone as much as possible.
Baking Homemade BrowniesAuthor: Miguel Fernandez
Baking homemade brownies is one of life's sweetest delights. The smell of the brownies baking in the oven never fails to attract every family member to the kitchen to await the finished treat. When they are finally done it doesn't take but a few seconds for them to disappear, having been devoured by everyone who could get a hold of one.
The only hard part of preparing brownies is the preparation and the cleanup afterward. It takes longer to prepare and bake brownies than it does for them to be eaten, especially if they come out delicious. For this very reason many people prefer to buy brownies from the store and miss out on the deliciousness of home-made brownies. Following these simple tips ensures that you will have delicious brownies that the whole family can enjoy with little or no hassle.
1. Don't over mix when preparing the batter and if possible mix the batter by hand. This will ensure that the brownie does not come out bland or too dry.
2. Spay the bottom of the pan with non-stick cooking spray, making sure to cover the surface evenly. You can also dust the pan lightly with cocoa powder. Using cocoa powder ensures that you won't have white residue on your brownies as you would if you were to use flour.
3. Follow the recipe instructions carefully especially the temperature and cooking time instructions. To test if the brownies are done stick a toothpick into the brownies. If they come out clean it means that the brownies are done.
4. If you want to keep the brownies from over-drying you can wrap them with plastic wrap and put them in a zip bag for added protection.
As a final tip: enjoy your brownies with your whole family, give them as gifts, share them with your co-workers, and don't forget to make plenty for everyone.
Experts Suggestions on Weight Loss PlansAuthor: Weight loss tips
One of the most efficient ways of dropping weight is by having a weight loss meal plan. However, how many of us really make it effective? Most of the times we scramble so hard to obtain facts on diet plan from diverse sources but barely do we stick to such plan for longer period of time.
One could asks, what are the causes of this discontinuity?
Feeling hungry throughout the day, not gaining the desired results, and long time spell without the favorites such as cheese. This situation happens everywhere in the world. Therefore, it is indispensable to decide for some criteria for these plans.
The weight loss meal should be supple enough to fit into your weight loss objective according to your own body characteristics. This requirement is fundamental because everyone do not have the same body kind and weight loss aim. It is careless to choose one type of weight loss diet for everyone. The fact is that many of us require more calories, which depend on gender and age. Hence, the main reasons for opting for a weight loss plan should be first identified.
Once you determine the goal, you can opt from a variety of diet plans. Majority of weight loss diets contain quality nutritious foods that help to maintain an healthy body shape. It is generally believed that balanced quantity of calories, fat and sugar is vital for healthy weight loss. To reach better results, individuals should be allowed to maintain some of their favorite meals especially if it does not pose treat to weight loss objective. A strong weight loss diet plan must be able to maintain an healthy body structure. Isabel De Los Rios who is a certified nutritionist has offered free weight loss diet. We shall now examine the various food nutrients essential to prepare such meal plans.
The relevance of Calorie
The quantity of calories needed for an individual depends on the age, activities, gender and the person's lifestyle. To know how much calories you must intake to remain healthy, the United States Department of Agriculture, at MyPyramid, has published a calorie calculator wherein you need to enter gender, height, weight, and activity level. The advice of professional nutritionist is essential for a better result in your health. It is possible to determine your eating plan everyday and calorie requirements with a calorie calculator.
Water is one of the most necessary ingredients in your weight loss diet plan. According to the obesity journal published in 2010, for healthy and quicker weight loss, one should take 16 ounces of water before any meal like dinner, lunch and breakfast. As a tip, enjoy drinking water via a movable bottle because it can aid in measuring the ounces.
Essential Food Nutrients
Balance protein, carbohydrates and fats are the main ingredients for effective weight loss meal plans. The professionals are of the opinion that 30% of the total calories needed should be of protein source. Such a high-protein diet leads in faster weight loss and alleviated appetite.
Weight Loss Meal Plans by the Famous Nutritionist
Your breakfast should be rich in proteins, carbohydrates, fruits, vegetables and grains. Oatmeal with fresh berries and almond butter are suggested food nutrients for breakfast.
For lunch, the nutritionist suggests baked Tilapia on hot spinach, chickpeas with green salad and vinegar, and half cup of Pineapple or brown rice along with green salad or cooked vegetables and an orange.
Weight loss meals for dinner require more creativity. The nutritionist suggests choosing recipes that you can change by adding some healthy ingredients rich in protein and carbohydrates. A recipe like fresh fruit salad, grilled salmon on green vegetables with dressing oil and vinegar along with asparagus is recommended by nutritionist. Snacks could include 1/2 of an apple and a mixture of walnuts, pumpkin seeds and almond butter.
The body composition of an individual should be considered before determining the proper dieting plan for him. You should not lose too many pounds too fast, or you'll get weak and will lack important nutrients.
Tired of being overweight? Read my blog to find useful weight loss tips about: weight loss meal plans, protein diet plan, weight loss tea, green tea weight loss and Oolong tea weight loss. Become healthy and stay motivated!